Alternate title: chasing kids & chasing dreams.
It’s been so great to get to know Brittany in little pieces over the years. We’d see each other here and there at industry nights and Christmas parties, always with a glass of wine in our hands and a story or two to share. Between us, we’ve got 6 kids and 4 businesses — but don’t be fooled, she brings up our average on the kids front.
- she wears many hats
- wedding planner
- owner of sip beverage bike
- mom of four incredible children
- discussing how we continue to date our husbands
- assessing needs of affection
- devoting attention to all members of the family in different ways
Adapting to “Busy”
- the notion that being busy doesn’t have to consume you
- how the term has changed from when we were younger
- when you push yourself beyond your comfort zone, you will eventually adapt
- we are capable of more than we think
- discussing our experiences with eating a ketogenic diet
- Brittany calls this “her year,” a time to devote to self care
- what does self care mean for a busy mom?
Having the Best of Both Worlds
- Brittany believes that life will balance but perhaps in a different way than you expect
- having the best of both worlds is about having reasonable expectations of each
GET IN TOUCH WITH BRITTANY WEST:
AND FOLLOW ALONG ON INSTAGRAM:
Photography by: Jack Loves Mary (Ottawa)
Episode 19 – Equal Parts Glitter & Sweatpants – A Coffee Date with Brittany West
With four kids and two businesses you can imagine Brittany West, owner of Gloss Events & Decor and Sip Beverage Bike, as a professional juggler just trying to keep every ball up in the air. Thing is, you’ll never see her sweat. She may repack Lunchables into a bento box on Monday mornings and have 9 baskets of laundry in the queue, but in the West household, making magical memories is just a few steps higher than chores on the list of priorities.
Plus, I drink my very first bulletproof coffee and catch up with Brittany on how the ketogenic diet is working for her!
This episode is an easy-listen; it’s basically an eavesdropped coffee date between two women who love nothing more than finding the best of both worlds. The glitter, if you will, and the sweatpants.