Yvonne Langen and I have been building a friendship one Sunday evening at a time over the last 6 years. We are both members of the Unputdownable Book Club and have a similarly candid approach to speaking our minds without much of a filter. This was such an enjoyable recoding, I think you can even hear it in my voice…
We touch on SO many different topics in this episode, but this will give you an idea:
THE STORY OF TASTE & TIPPLE:
- a history of life with simple meals, turned into an obsession with fine food and drink
- cooking her way through an influential cookbook in University
- food as a universal language, establishing a sense of care in others
- a giant undertaking: a blogging series that rendered 24 cocktails in 24 days
GROWING A FOOD BLOG:
- incorporation of video / stop motion content
- exploring different creative pursuits
- imposter syndrome
- how to stay motivated when the following is small?
- measuring success in other terms, not likes or comments or follows
TURNING STRUGGLE INTO CONFIDENCE:
- Yvonne shares about her difficult breakup that resulted in her pouring herself into other pursuits of passion
- coming out the other side feeling like a happier, more confident person
- a strong sense of self and how that leads to intimidation
DATING & DRINKING:
- what NOT to order on a first date
- Yvonne shares about her very first Tinder dating experience… spoiler: it wasn’t great
- we take a musical interlude and get even more intoxicated
- I merge two of my favourite worlds, alcohol and reality television, when I ask Yvonne to order off the menu of Vanderpump Rules’ new restaurant, Tom Tom
A LARGE APPETITE FOR ALL THINGS:
- Taste & Tipple celebrates a lust for life, bringing pleasure back into food and drink in a world that so often centres around dieting and restriction
- women are expected to have a lot of shame for their appetites
- playing the cultural dating game
- becoming confident in your needs and desires
- repeating confidence until it feels natural
P.S. If you want to know what we’re drinking while recording this episode, head over here for the full recipe!
Episode 16 – Yvonne Langen Doesn’t Do Dry January, She Does A Dry Martini
Warning: we are NOT drinking coffee during this recording. Things get a little wild as Yvonne Langen and I discuss everything from dating on Tinder, healing from a difficult breakup, the latest trends in cocktails, and taking pleasure in challenges and struggles — even our favourite Cardi B lyrics.
Yvonne is the creator of Taste & Tipple, a blog that celebrates a large appetite for pleasure. It’s not vegan, it’s not keto, it’s not raw or restricted in any way — instead, it’s a place for food and drink that glorifies a lust for life. And as it turns out, Yvonne brings this spirit into every aspect of her highly curated life. Join us for a drink and listen in on this very candid and entertaining discussion!